Skip to main content

I'm tired...

I'm tired, and I'm not the only one.

I'm tired of the Legislative Branch not holding the Executive Branch accountable. I'm tired of the Executive Branch violating their oaths of office on the daily. I'm tired of the constant scandals that are released rapid fire. I'm just tired.

My boss has three employees. Two of them, myself and my subordinate, were inherited from another department when there was a restructure. Upon restructure, I lost my office to him, and lost my subordinate to him. He hired another person, who is clearly his favorite.

I have rated Exceptional and Highly Effective on my prior reviews. He comes along and suddenly I'm "Adequate".

I'm a high performer, but he nitpicks me, tells me I rush, tells me I don't problem solve the right way.

My former subordinate? Let me tell you, I was happy when he took her. I have managed a great number of people and let me tell you, she is one of, if not the most, difficult person I ever had to manage.

What does all of this have to do with the government? My boss had me in HR for mediation because I didn't communicate ONE THING to him and that I didn't problem solve the way he liked. This troublesome woman, has not been to HR once. I know this because she is openly complaining about her job constantly and said, "I'm surprised I haven't been to HR yet."

Here I am, working my ass off, proving myself again and again and he takes me to HR because I'm, what, not him? Then you have her, a clusterfuck of a human being, rude, abrasive, confused and she's hunky dory in his book.

Trump is her. I am Obama. Get it?

I'm off for the next two days and I couldn't be happier. I am so fed up with the double standard. As a woman, who is also a straight A student, who is also a high performer, I don't deserve the bullshit that I deal with. I don't mean to compare myself to this other woman, it's just that I managed her, so I know the facts about her performance.

The issue isn't me. My self-assessment is due soon and it will be glowing because I am a good worker and this guy can go fuck himself.

Sorry, this post took a strange turn....like I said, I'm tired.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison

I thought it might be interesting to compare the resume of Robert Mueller to that of Donald Trump. Care to take a peak? (I tried to keep it objective.) Robert Swan Mueller III Donald John Trump Sr. DOB August 7, 1944 June 14, 1946 Place of Birth New York City New York City Place Raised Philadelphia New York City High School St. Paul's, New Hampshire New York Military Academy High School Sport Captain of the Soccer Team Soccer Political Affiliation Republican Party Republican Party College Princeton Fordham Wharton University of Pennsylvania Degree Bachelor's in Politics Bachelor's in Economics Graduate School New York University Degree Master's in International Relations Military Marine Corp. Deferred Military Awards Bronze Star (with valor) Purple Heart Medal Navy Commendation Medal (2) (with ...

Sapiens: A Brief History of Humankind

As many of you may know I am a huge fan of Audible.com. I listen to books during my commute and because of Audible I have exposed myself to books that I would have had a hard time sitting down and reading, not only because of the lack of time I have, but because of the nature of the content. I tend to like fiction over non-fiction. My latest listen is a book called Sapiens: A Brief History of Humankind . It's fascinating. A few chapters back the author spoke on gender differences and various theories about why patriarchal societies throughout history far outweigh matriarchal societies. Biologists and anthropologists can't seem to come to any type of logical conclusion for this. The author floated one out that I'm going to editorialize on. He said that women are "more cooperative" than men and have seemed to not really care about conquering new lands or being motivated by wanting power. Men, on the other hand, wanted power, they wanted to fight, they wanted ...

"Life is pain"

"Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something." - Man in Black Have you ever had those days where you feel like the only lesson is the lesson above? That life is pain? I feel that way today. I'm sitting at my desk feeling self-conscious, feeling every ounce of depression I possess flowing through me. I feel alone, awkward, sad, uncertain...I feel pain. I feel loss. A close family member died rather suddenly. His fight was one he knew he wouldn't win. Cancer very rarely allows its opponent to succeed. The world lost another great man and here we are, those that loved him, in pain. Life is all about letting go, I know that. I know that this is a temporary existence but how can we reconcile that fact knowing that our time could be up any second? I don't want to live my life waiting. I want to live my life living. If there is a heaven and I get there, I want to make sure I did everything in my power to have the be...