Skip to main content

I am not giving up...

I am not giving up. Our country, our democracy, has gone through so many growing pains and we were so close to level and then Trump won.

I remember when I lost my office at work. It was a reorg, and it was just part of it, but it still stung. Somehow, having something only to have it taken away hurts more than never having it at all.

It's like that now.

When we marched for Women's Rights people said, "What are you marching for?" and "No one is taking away your rights." I'm sorry, but those people were wrong.

To the people still supporting this demagogue, why? What has he done for you personally? How has he personally improved your life in this country?

He's not.

99 years ago today women were given the right to vote. 99 years! That is not a long time. Women have been, and continue to be, the most marginalized group in this country. Why? Because the societal norm of the white male elite is for women to be subservient and man to be their king. Sorry, no.

I'm no damsel in distress. I don't need a man to save me. In my marriage, I am equal to my husband, no more and no less.

As I see the destruction being done to our country, the perception of our nation to the world, I feel helpless.

Children are suffering the most and that hurts my heart. The true innocents in all of this are the children and yet this administration is gleefully making them suffer.

Every tear shed by every single child harmed by this administration is another nail in the eternal coffin of Trump's soul. Harsh? Yes. True? Yes.

If a person is a true Christian, they believe to get into the kingdom of Heaven we must be as little children, and he who harms a child will be damned.

This world that conservatives are trying to create is a forcing of their beliefs on everyone else and it goes against the fundamentals of freedom.

I'm Catholic. I don't go to church. I have practiced Wicca, Neo-Paganism, Buddhism, Spirituality and then back to Catholic again. This is my right.

It's not up to a politician to judge me for my religious beliefs, or lack there of.
It's not up to a politician to control my medical decisions.
It's not up to a politician to tell me who or how to love.

It is up to a politician to keep my children safe, but they refuse to do so by allowing weapons of war get into the hands of the unstable. They are supposed to be public servants and have instead become corporate goons for the NRA and other such companies. They have been blinded by greed and for that, again, our children suffer.

Children under 18 are more likely to be gunned down at school than on a battlefield. Children are subjected to horrible drills where lights go out, they are told to stay in classrooms and if they were in the bathroom at the time, teachers are instructed to not let them back in.

This is the America we live in right now.

Kids are shooting kids at school, daily.
Kids are being torn from their parents arms, daily.
Kids are being denied medical care, daily.
Kids are being denied food, daily.
Kids are being made homeless, daily.

But the GOP claim to be pro-life. Bullshit.

Think about this as you go home to your house, to your kitchen table, to have dinner with your family, to talk about their day at school and think of the kids that don't have that. Think of the kids that Trump and this Administration are turning their back on and then tell me honestly that you believe what they stand for.

I am not giving up.

It goes deeper than any of us can fathom and we have been set back so far by this administration. Some of the damage is irreparable.

We can't bring back the lives lost by negligence of this administration.
We can't undo the harm being done to the environment.

We can impeach Trump.
We can try him for overreach of executive powers.
We can try him for treason.
We can try him for endangering the lives of children.

He is a criminal.

You believed in Pizza-gate but are okay with the abuse being inflicted on these innocent children by ICE? You are misguided and I pray that you open your eyes to see that you are on the path of the wrong.

Trump's gotta go. It's almost too late.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison

I thought it might be interesting to compare the resume of Robert Mueller to that of Donald Trump. Care to take a peak? (I tried to keep it objective.) Robert Swan Mueller III Donald John Trump Sr. DOB August 7, 1944 June 14, 1946 Place of Birth New York City New York City Place Raised Philadelphia New York City High School St. Paul's, New Hampshire New York Military Academy High School Sport Captain of the Soccer Team Soccer Political Affiliation Republican Party Republican Party College Princeton Fordham Wharton University of Pennsylvania Degree Bachelor's in Politics Bachelor's in Economics Graduate School New York University Degree Master's in International Relations Military Marine Corp. Deferred Military Awards Bronze Star (with valor) Purple Heart Medal Navy Commendation Medal (2) (with ...

"Life is pain"

"Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something." - Man in Black Have you ever had those days where you feel like the only lesson is the lesson above? That life is pain? I feel that way today. I'm sitting at my desk feeling self-conscious, feeling every ounce of depression I possess flowing through me. I feel alone, awkward, sad, uncertain...I feel pain. I feel loss. A close family member died rather suddenly. His fight was one he knew he wouldn't win. Cancer very rarely allows its opponent to succeed. The world lost another great man and here we are, those that loved him, in pain. Life is all about letting go, I know that. I know that this is a temporary existence but how can we reconcile that fact knowing that our time could be up any second? I don't want to live my life waiting. I want to live my life living. If there is a heaven and I get there, I want to make sure I did everything in my power to have the be...

The Monday Post Vacation...

...has got to be one of the worst damn days EVER!!! Now that that is out of my system I have to say, there is something beautiful about being in the White Mountains with no service on my cell. No reason to check Twitter, no exposure to the rantings of a lunatic. It's nice. It's pleasant. Now I'm back to the connected world and I don't know that I like it all that much. I looked up actions and quotes from guilty people and it's so strange to see that Trump's behaviors and tweets match to a T. He's so guilty that he's trying everything to stay to afloat and it's just scary. I see my kids do it. I ask my son, "Did you draw on the wall with sharpie?" He goes, "No, it was my sister." I ask him, "Are you sure you didn't draw on the wall?" He says, "No, I said it was my sister!" Then he throws the Sharpie and proceeds to have a tantrum...he's three. Trump is doing all the same things, and more, that ...