Skip to main content

Mainstream Lemmings

I'm annoyed and you should be too.

Imagine this, what if the media just stopped covering Trump? Look, I know, I keep hearing this argument, "He's the president and we have to have respect for the office of the president."

My counter argument is this: I have respect for the office of the president which is why we should stop covering him.

Stop covering his tweets.
Stop letting his lunatic rants drive the news cycle.
Actually do some investigative journalism because, let's face it, we are here, in part, because of you.

What are some things that could actually be broadcast across the airwaves that are newsworthy?

@Amy_Siskind has the 411, so does @RVAWonk

Here's a few noteworthy items:
Yesterday Giuliani said he hadn’t spoken to Trump in 2 weeks.  (Siskind)
"[Kushner's] startup is discussing an investment of at least $100 million from a private fund that receives much of its capital from the governments of Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates." (Siskind)
A Russian missile is responsible for murdering 298 people on Malaysian Air (Jake Tapper)
Trey Gowdy is being briefed on Trump's fake informant outrage before the Gang of 8
Donald Trump violated the First Amendment by blocking users from viewing his tweets.
Papadopoulous is close to being sentenced.

I mean, focus.

What else could you air instead? Hillary Clinton. More people voted for her policies than they did Trump's. Oh right, the conservative gerrymanderers want to keep the Electoral College because it gives them an edge. Guess what, the "coastal elite" weren't always coastal. Some of them moved there to get away from the "rednecks".

I'm just rambling now...

Onward.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison

I thought it might be interesting to compare the resume of Robert Mueller to that of Donald Trump. Care to take a peak? (I tried to keep it objective.) Robert Swan Mueller III Donald John Trump Sr. DOB August 7, 1944 June 14, 1946 Place of Birth New York City New York City Place Raised Philadelphia New York City High School St. Paul's, New Hampshire New York Military Academy High School Sport Captain of the Soccer Team Soccer Political Affiliation Republican Party Republican Party College Princeton Fordham Wharton University of Pennsylvania Degree Bachelor's in Politics Bachelor's in Economics Graduate School New York University Degree Master's in International Relations Military Marine Corp. Deferred Military Awards Bronze Star (with valor) Purple Heart Medal Navy Commendation Medal (2) (with ...

"Life is pain"

"Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something." - Man in Black Have you ever had those days where you feel like the only lesson is the lesson above? That life is pain? I feel that way today. I'm sitting at my desk feeling self-conscious, feeling every ounce of depression I possess flowing through me. I feel alone, awkward, sad, uncertain...I feel pain. I feel loss. A close family member died rather suddenly. His fight was one he knew he wouldn't win. Cancer very rarely allows its opponent to succeed. The world lost another great man and here we are, those that loved him, in pain. Life is all about letting go, I know that. I know that this is a temporary existence but how can we reconcile that fact knowing that our time could be up any second? I don't want to live my life waiting. I want to live my life living. If there is a heaven and I get there, I want to make sure I did everything in my power to have the be...

Sapiens: A Brief History of Humankind

As many of you may know I am a huge fan of Audible.com. I listen to books during my commute and because of Audible I have exposed myself to books that I would have had a hard time sitting down and reading, not only because of the lack of time I have, but because of the nature of the content. I tend to like fiction over non-fiction. My latest listen is a book called Sapiens: A Brief History of Humankind . It's fascinating. A few chapters back the author spoke on gender differences and various theories about why patriarchal societies throughout history far outweigh matriarchal societies. Biologists and anthropologists can't seem to come to any type of logical conclusion for this. The author floated one out that I'm going to editorialize on. He said that women are "more cooperative" than men and have seemed to not really care about conquering new lands or being motivated by wanting power. Men, on the other hand, wanted power, they wanted to fight, they wanted ...