Skip to main content

Finding Bliss

Many of you know of my personal afflictions, depression and generalized anxiety disorder, and if you suffer with these illness like I do, then you know how hard it is when a curve ball comes hurtling toward you at breakneck speeds threatening to derail the train of normalcy.

Sometimes it's super minor, like someone asks for something that isn't part of the normal routine. Other times, the cars transmission shits the bed and you find yourself needing to buy a new car when you were not planning to.

I'm in the latter category this week.

Stress and I have a complicated relationship. Sometimes, I find myself staring down at it daring it to conquer me, other times, I find myself crippled under it's intense stare. I have to admit, I'm feeling a bit crippled today.

I looked at Donald Trump's Twitter this morning. I rolled my eyes, and closed Twitter entirely. I'm sick of him. I need to look inside myself and find my own personal bliss. I've realized that original sin all stems from ego. The seven deadly sins all point to self-gratification and it's up to us to fight against our own ego to overcome the desire to fall into the pit of selfishness.

Lust - sexual pleasure in excess
Gluttony - food in excess
Greed - money and stuff in excess
Sloth - lazy with all things in excess
Wrath - anger, grudges, hatred
Envy - wanting things that don't belong to you
Pride - vanity, narcissism, self inflation, excessively

I'm trying to look at my current crisis as a blessing and it will likely end up being a blessing. I have to have faith in that fact.

When I look at the tragedy of Donald Trump and his supporters, I see the worst of humanity and I don't want to be anything like them. I fight against that part of myself as much as possible.

I'm on a search to find bliss and there is no bliss in ignorance. There is bliss in acceptance and in knowing. 

As I sit here trying to figure out what to do about my dead car, I will be praying for guidance from whatever energy force controls all things and I will ask for a clear and open mind.

Stay positive everyone.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison

I thought it might be interesting to compare the resume of Robert Mueller to that of Donald Trump. Care to take a peak? (I tried to keep it objective.) Robert Swan Mueller III Donald John Trump Sr. DOB August 7, 1944 June 14, 1946 Place of Birth New York City New York City Place Raised Philadelphia New York City High School St. Paul's, New Hampshire New York Military Academy High School Sport Captain of the Soccer Team Soccer Political Affiliation Republican Party Republican Party College Princeton Fordham Wharton University of Pennsylvania Degree Bachelor's in Politics Bachelor's in Economics Graduate School New York University Degree Master's in International Relations Military Marine Corp. Deferred Military Awards Bronze Star (with valor) Purple Heart Medal Navy Commendation Medal (2) (with ...

"Life is pain"

"Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something." - Man in Black Have you ever had those days where you feel like the only lesson is the lesson above? That life is pain? I feel that way today. I'm sitting at my desk feeling self-conscious, feeling every ounce of depression I possess flowing through me. I feel alone, awkward, sad, uncertain...I feel pain. I feel loss. A close family member died rather suddenly. His fight was one he knew he wouldn't win. Cancer very rarely allows its opponent to succeed. The world lost another great man and here we are, those that loved him, in pain. Life is all about letting go, I know that. I know that this is a temporary existence but how can we reconcile that fact knowing that our time could be up any second? I don't want to live my life waiting. I want to live my life living. If there is a heaven and I get there, I want to make sure I did everything in my power to have the be...

The Monday Post Vacation...

...has got to be one of the worst damn days EVER!!! Now that that is out of my system I have to say, there is something beautiful about being in the White Mountains with no service on my cell. No reason to check Twitter, no exposure to the rantings of a lunatic. It's nice. It's pleasant. Now I'm back to the connected world and I don't know that I like it all that much. I looked up actions and quotes from guilty people and it's so strange to see that Trump's behaviors and tweets match to a T. He's so guilty that he's trying everything to stay to afloat and it's just scary. I see my kids do it. I ask my son, "Did you draw on the wall with sharpie?" He goes, "No, it was my sister." I ask him, "Are you sure you didn't draw on the wall?" He says, "No, I said it was my sister!" Then he throws the Sharpie and proceeds to have a tantrum...he's three. Trump is doing all the same things, and more, that ...