Skip to main content

Mayor Larry Vaughn - Amity Island

Yesterday I worked remotely and had the TV on in the background, as I usually do. It helps me focus on my work, oddly enough. Anyway, I decided to watch Jaws followed by Jaws II and then Jaws III (which never happened btw). 

It struck me as odd that Mayor Larry Vaughn (Vaughn is my maiden name) was re-elected after the shark attacks that took place due to his lack of action in closing those beaches. Yeah, it's fiction, but is it really that far off?

We are sitting here with the biggest damn fool as president and he got there, in part, because 62 million Americans voted for him. That is a staggering number. Sure, 12 million MORE people voted against him but because of our weird American ways, Trump is president.

So, is it so far fetched that Larry Vaughn was re-elected mayor after a psycho shark massacred innocent beachgoers? Nope.

Simon Cowell of American Idol fame had an affair with his best friend's wife and got her pregnant. Because he came out and said, "It happens," and didn't make a big deal out of it, it faded away as quickly as it appeared. 

Then Trump happened. 

What have I learned from this?

That Americans, and people in general, are way more acceptable of major character flaws when we don't try to hide them. If there's nothing to hide, but propaganda is spread and the person tries to defend themselves, it's too late because there is a certain percentage of people that have already been fooled into believing the lie and thus conspiracy grows.

The Russians have been doing this forever, by the way. It just got easier for them because of social media, the flawed candidate (Donald Trump), a bunch of greedy and dishonest politicians and businessmen and the abolition of the Fairness Doctrine.

It was a perfect shitstorm.

So I get it, I get how Larry Vaughn was re-elected. The devil you know is better than the devil you don't, right? WRONG!

Collusion aside, Trump is a terrible human being. I don't have to list out his flaws, we all know what they are. Just look.

You believed the worst of a woman while accepting the worst of a man because he showed you his hand and she had nothing to hide. 

Pitiful. The 2016 election was a pitiful experiment that showed how racist, sexist and utterly braindead a good portion of our populace is. 

Personally, I'm sick of being nice to people that segregated their feelings of compassion to others based upon skin color or heritage. I'm sick of the hatred, the greed and the cruelty that comes from the leaders and the followers. 

They want to call me a sheep? Wrong, I'm a shepherd. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison

I thought it might be interesting to compare the resume of Robert Mueller to that of Donald Trump. Care to take a peak? (I tried to keep it objective.) Robert Swan Mueller III Donald John Trump Sr. DOB August 7, 1944 June 14, 1946 Place of Birth New York City New York City Place Raised Philadelphia New York City High School St. Paul's, New Hampshire New York Military Academy High School Sport Captain of the Soccer Team Soccer Political Affiliation Republican Party Republican Party College Princeton Fordham Wharton University of Pennsylvania Degree Bachelor's in Politics Bachelor's in Economics Graduate School New York University Degree Master's in International Relations Military Marine Corp. Deferred Military Awards Bronze Star (with valor) Purple Heart Medal Navy Commendation Medal (2) (with ...

The Monday Post Vacation...

...has got to be one of the worst damn days EVER!!! Now that that is out of my system I have to say, there is something beautiful about being in the White Mountains with no service on my cell. No reason to check Twitter, no exposure to the rantings of a lunatic. It's nice. It's pleasant. Now I'm back to the connected world and I don't know that I like it all that much. I looked up actions and quotes from guilty people and it's so strange to see that Trump's behaviors and tweets match to a T. He's so guilty that he's trying everything to stay to afloat and it's just scary. I see my kids do it. I ask my son, "Did you draw on the wall with sharpie?" He goes, "No, it was my sister." I ask him, "Are you sure you didn't draw on the wall?" He says, "No, I said it was my sister!" Then he throws the Sharpie and proceeds to have a tantrum...he's three. Trump is doing all the same things, and more, that ...

Long December

It's weird but I feel like November has been December for three weeks. I don't know why but my body keeps telling me that it's December and it has been. In fact, Thanksgiving feels like it happened weeks ago rather than just one week ago. Maybe it's the fact that I have little kids and they are getting ready for Christmas and are filled with excitement over the prospect of Santa Claus and presents. Or maybe it's because Thanksgiving came a little earlier than usual this year. Whatever it is, it's a weird feeling. The last time something like this happened to me was in October of 2014. After the month ended, I felt like it was still October until well into February of the following year. It truly makes no sense considering time is an invented human concept. Most of our ancient ancestors and nearly all of our animal friends don't give a hoot about time down to the second. Months aren't even real, it's just a thing we do. It feels like it's be...