Skip to main content

"Life is pain"


"Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something." - Man in Black
Image result for "Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something." - Man in Black

Have you ever had those days where you feel like the only lesson is the lesson above? That life is pain?

I feel that way today. I'm sitting at my desk feeling self-conscious, feeling every ounce of depression I possess flowing through me. I feel alone, awkward, sad, uncertain...I feel pain. I feel loss.

A close family member died rather suddenly. His fight was one he knew he wouldn't win. Cancer very rarely allows its opponent to succeed. The world lost another great man and here we are, those that loved him, in pain.

Life is all about letting go, I know that. I know that this is a temporary existence but how can we reconcile that fact knowing that our time could be up any second?

I don't want to live my life waiting. I want to live my life living.

If there is a heaven and I get there, I want to make sure I did everything in my power to have the best life I could have. If there is no heaven, I still want to make sure I did everything in my power to have the best life I could have. I don't want to live waiting for the next level because there might not be a next level. This might be it...

With that said, another story surfaced today that broke my heart. My friend got married on Sunday. His new husband's father collapsed during one of the dances and didn't make it. A day that was supposed to be happy will now forever be paired with that of sadness and my heart breaks for him and his spouse.

My question remains, what are we waiting for?

If death is going to come to me like a thief in the night and I am to be completely unprepared I want to make sure my moments here are precious. Every moment with my kids, my husband, my parents, I want to live those moments fully and completely.

Put down the phone and live.

Go out, have a face to face conversation, push everything else aside when you're speaking to that person. Be present.

Time is fleeting...and life can be pain but live it anyway. None of us know how long we have.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comparison

I thought it might be interesting to compare the resume of Robert Mueller to that of Donald Trump. Care to take a peak? (I tried to keep it objective.) Robert Swan Mueller III Donald John Trump Sr. DOB August 7, 1944 June 14, 1946 Place of Birth New York City New York City Place Raised Philadelphia New York City High School St. Paul's, New Hampshire New York Military Academy High School Sport Captain of the Soccer Team Soccer Political Affiliation Republican Party Republican Party College Princeton Fordham Wharton University of Pennsylvania Degree Bachelor's in Politics Bachelor's in Economics Graduate School New York University Degree Master's in International Relations Military Marine Corp. Deferred Military Awards Bronze Star (with valor) Purple Heart Medal Navy Commendation Medal (2) (with ...

Sapiens: A Brief History of Humankind

As many of you may know I am a huge fan of Audible.com. I listen to books during my commute and because of Audible I have exposed myself to books that I would have had a hard time sitting down and reading, not only because of the lack of time I have, but because of the nature of the content. I tend to like fiction over non-fiction. My latest listen is a book called Sapiens: A Brief History of Humankind . It's fascinating. A few chapters back the author spoke on gender differences and various theories about why patriarchal societies throughout history far outweigh matriarchal societies. Biologists and anthropologists can't seem to come to any type of logical conclusion for this. The author floated one out that I'm going to editorialize on. He said that women are "more cooperative" than men and have seemed to not really care about conquering new lands or being motivated by wanting power. Men, on the other hand, wanted power, they wanted to fight, they wanted ...